Wohoohooho…

Waaaaah got stung by a bee this morning on my finger. :c Bees are like swarming all over our house. Especially in the evening when all the lights are on. There’s so many of them. I was thinking that I’ll just fry them and eat them. They’re so annoying. And each week there’ll be like 1 to 2 victims be stung by ‘em. Haayy. Super painful and gosh when it swells, and the itchiness and the bruise when it’s all over. Wish I could make money from them, like all those honey and by cooking them ofcourse. (bitter)

I want to share a place where you could actually spend time with the bees. But not in our home, definitely. It’s called Bohol Bee Farm. Found in Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines. It was way back 2009. I was with my boyfriend. He was based in Tagbilaran, Bohol at that time. I had a chance to visit him and brought me to places that are famous. So one was this bee farm. At first I got scared, first thing that cross my mind was ‘will they attack when they’ll see such an intruder?’ But out of curiosity and might as well enjoy the travel and all the sceneries going there, so we hit off. We went there by a motorcycle. Traveling in the afternoon, the sun fried our precious skin. The place is like half to an hour travel from Tagbilaran City, depends on the mode of transportation by the way. So when we got there you could see the receiving area and all those souvenir items sold there. The receptionist greeted us and informed us that we were late for the tour so we should wait for 20 minutes ‘till the first batch will be finish. We waited there and took pictures. Below are pictures I got from the internet. I don’t have the photos we actually took because of some matters.hehe ( I only sneaked from my parents just to be in this island, that’s why I didn’t have copies for discreet purposes. ;p)

 

image  image  

 

imageimage

 

That time it was only Php20.00 per head to avail the tour around the vicinity and as mentioned it will take 20 minutes. My boyfriend and I thought it will be just the two of us for the next batch but then just minutes after there are tourists arrived and we’re now a crowd. We get to wear native hats along the tour. The tourist guide showed us their garden of some vegetables that you find only on cooking shows. Well they grow them there for their very own restaurant which serve only organic food. Might be mouth watering on what they can be in the dishes (for the fanatics of the green team, or it might change my perception about them once tasted.hahaha). The tour itself wasn’t boring, there’s interaction among the tourists, the guide would raise questions and me and my boyfriend would just stare at each other being so clueless and shy because we’re like the youngest among the group. ;p We just let the “old ones” answer.hahah So we finally arrived to the “thing” which made the place famous. The BEES.

 

 imageimage

 image   image

 

They were in cages. Yehey! Goodness. So they won’t sting us, that’s a relief. Well they were kept there so the honeys can be collected from those screens or something. Sorry for the very poor information.heheh Tourists can hold those screens filled with bees and take some pictures. Just like that in the picture, I think he’s a tourist guide or something.heheh They aren’t scary to look at but expect the Buzzzzzzzing sound they create. ;)  In the area they have villas and restaurant and a pool quite big which is by the way located in the center of the restaurant itself. Quite amazing. I could remember there was also a play area such as darts and table tennis. Actually the place is just located along the beach. So you could see long stretch of cool blue water. Just staring at the scene makes you relax. There was also an area where tourists could observe creative workers making crafts that are sold in their souvenir store. One that caught our attention was their ice cream station. Yummmm! But reading through the labels of flavors they were like made from kalamunggay and other leafy vegetables I couldn’t even remember the names.hahaha I’m not a fan of those greeny guys so I kind of backed off. But they’re so interesting to look at and might try one. So I ordered scoops of avocado flavored icecream. Yehey! Tasted good. hahaha Yeah, I know what’s in your mind, it’s a fruit. I know right? Because I got so curious and I don’t want to poison myself so an avocado is a good idea.hahahah The photo below is the kind of ice cream they serve there.  Got from the internet. Not mine. Actually all the photos aren’t mine, okay…

   image

 

Might visit there again in the future. Bringing my very own Queen Bee.hahaha Or I’ll ask something about doing THE BEE BUSINESS. Kicking off. For now I have to deal with my stinging bees here. Sigh.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Philippines
a person who wants to have a room for writing. just having a great time sharing thoughts to myself and to lovely strangers who love to read.